Eastern Exploration

Capturing decay.

VEB Brauerei Weida

The brewery was planned in 1897 and building commenced in 1898. The construction of the building and its machinery cost 285000 Reichsmark at the time. One year after it started to produce beer under the name ‘Braugemeinde e.G.m.b.H. Weida’. During the GDR the former owners were expropriated and the name changed to ‘VEB Brauerei Weida’. In the same year it was integrated in the VEB Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei as the third subfactory (Betriebsteil 3). Already in 1988 the brewing of beer was stopped and the facility focused on bottling beer which had been delivered from elsewhere. An effort was made to establish a beverage shop in the building in 1991, but this ultimately failed. Only one year later the brewery was abandoned and later sold in 1996.

Our location rating:

Rating: 3 out of 5.

Next Post

Previous Post

© 2024 Eastern Exploration


Powered by TSAlliance